Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Vagina...

Saw The Vagina Monologues last night. They were incredibly moving.

I wasn't writhing in hysterical laughter like I expected but I was still very entertained.

The theme this year was to promote awareness and stop violence against women --wonderful thing to promote, sad thing to think about. It was moving and empowering and sad... AND

I like my bubble. It's warm and happy and this theme definitely popped it. I cried quite a few times (not uncontrollably, but a tear here and there). Now this is not a bad thing, but it was not something I expected going into the show. I would like to see other versions of the show in the future and see how they compare.

This show was wonderful but I cannot imagine preforming in it --I give those women props. That would take so much courage to be able to get up and say those things in front of people. I am amazed by these women --and words cannot express the extent to which this is true.

I think everyone should see this show --over and over-- since I hear it's different every time.

Funny Fact:
They gave out suckers at the beginning of the show and the flavor of mine was "Wet-Face Watermelon", it was organic, delicious, and really dirty... hahaha. Loved it. Totally set the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment