
I'm currently reading this book and I'm very excited to have the time to finish it as soon as this week is over. Possibly even the time to read it again. For the time being I wanted to share something from the 1st page of the book that Toni brought to my attention. As background information this is a book from the 70s about religious pilgrimages and psychotherapy patients.
IF YOU MEET THE BUDDHA ON THE ROAD, KILL HIM!
RISKING
Sometimes it seems to me that in this absurdly random life there is some inherent justice in the outcome of personal relationships. In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving.
LOVE
Love is more than simply being open to experiencing the anguish of another person's suffering. It is the willingness to live with the helpless knowing that we can do nothing to save the other person from his pain.
THE DEPENDENT DISCIPLE
While seeking to be taught the Truth the disciple learns only that there is nothing that anyone else can teach him ... The secret is that there is no secret.
No comments:
Post a Comment